The Today Foundation has accomplished many of our initiatives with the assistance of community leaders across Dallas and the state of Texas.
- Awarded more than $8 million in tuition assistance to families of 7,000 low-income children
- Created a powerful communications campaign to help DISD and area schools fight Cheese Heroin
- Provided leadership to bring character education to all DISD campuses beginning in 2001
- Awarded financial support to more than 25 schools in Texas recognizing their Drug and Alcohol Abuse Prevention programs
- Conducted economic forums with SMU to educate the pubic on free enterprise
- Donated computer-adaptive reading program(s) to Botelo and M.L. Carr elementary schools, Boude Storey Middle School and Readers 2 Leaders west Dallas after-school initiative.
- Partnered with CHASE to provide computer-adaptive reading program(s) to 16 Texas schools and Jubilee Community Center in Dallas.
- Created the Texas Leadership Forum to provide leadership and character training to selected Dallas-area high school seniors. Conducts the American Leaders Institute in Washington, D.C. each summer for 15 Dallas-area college freshmen.
- Launched a capital campaign for the Union Missionary Baptist Church in Jefferson, TX to restore one of Texas’ oldest churches open to people of color.
- Created the Collins Academy in Jefferson, TX to support rural economic development through an educated work-force.
- Partnered with the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers and the City of Jefferson, TX to create the Port Jefferson History & Nature Center, a 50-acre environmental park on the Big Cypress Bayou adjacent to the Jefferson Historic District.
- Worked in partnership with the historic House of the Seasons in Jefferson built in 1872 by Colonel Benjamin H. Epperson
- Advocated in Washington, D.C. for the creation of the Caddo National Heritage Area running from Jefferson eastward into Louisiana just past the Red River.
- Officially launched the Rural Education and Technology Initiative of America, to bring creative, evidence-based, online, K-12 academic, college ready and workforce prep programs to students in rural America! (February 2019)